How Moms Influence Your Career & Success
DATE 18-05-13 08:00
글쓴이 : 어드민      
By Alex Kim | News Korea
moms2.jpg

“It seems to me that my mother was the most splendid woman I ever knew… If I have amounted to anything, it will be due to her.”

Charlie Chaplin, a legendary, one of the most iconic, esteemed entertainers the world has ever seen, must have known something about maternal power.

A multitude of research suggests that children’s success is heavily influenced by relationship they have with their mothers. According to a research provided in Meaningful Differences in the Everyday Experience of Young American Children, children who grew up hearing a wide range of vocabulary from their mothers are more likely to engage in verbal communications and improve speech and diction much faster than children who only have access to limited vocabulary. In a study of 3,000 families in the U.S., researchers found that “a mother's reading skill is the greatest determinant of her children’s future academic success, outweighing other factors, such as neighborhood and family income.”

In addition to a wide range of vocabulary spoken to children, mothers that provide a sense of positivity and security through communication will have easier time getting their messages across to their children. One research by Dr. Nancy Darling and Dr. Laurence Steinberg suggests that positive parent-child interactions will more likely help children perceive their parents’ expectations accurately and understand their values.

Another way which mothers have been paving the ways for children’s success is by demonstrating work ethics through their own careers. A research by Harvard University found that “adult daughters of working mothers earned 23 percent more than those whose mothers had not worked during their daughters’ childhoods.” Moreover, daughters of working mothers held more powerful positions at work than those of stay-at-home mothers.

While the researchers did not find significance of career success for sons of working mothers, they found that men raised by working mothers are more likely to contribute at home.

A body of modern research continues to show that mothers, whether working at home or in an office, shape the lives of men and women today and in the future.

게시글을 facebook으로 보내기
게시글을 instargram으로 보내기

[뉴스] 가장 많이 읽은 기사

취업이민 닭공장
andreakim
휴람
뉴스코리아  |  위플달라스  |  옐로우페이지 뉴스코리아 카카오스토리 뉴스코리아 인스타그램 핫딜뉴스코리아 뉴스코리아 e-paper 위플달라스 APP